Manual Approach to Remove Aurora Ransomware from the PC
Notice: Undefined index: float_location_post in /home/malwarep/public_html/killvirusmalware.com/wp-content/plugins/social-warfare/functions/frontend-output/buttons-standard.php on line 134
Aurora Ransomware is the dubious file-encrypting threat that belongs to the ransomware family. It is typically generated by cyber criminals with the main intention to extort money from the innocent users. Cyber security researchers noted that it was first recognized on May 29th, 2018. Once it enters, it will scan the entire system and encrypt your various file or data and demand ransom for its decryption key. It uses the combination of AES and the RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to encrypt the file and append the name of the file as .aurora extension. After encryption, it will create a ransom note named as ‘HOW_TODECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt’ and placed it in each folder existing encrypted files. It was found to list another name as OneKeyLocker Ransomware.
According to the ransom note, criminals demand ransom note in the form of digital currency named as Bitcoins and encourage users to buy it from 3CwxawqJpM4RBNididvHf8LhFA2VfLsRjM wallet address. The cost of the decryption key is 500 USD. The decryption key is stored on the server of cyber criminals. Aurora Ransomware is mainly spread via exploit kits, spam email attachments, freeware and shareware downloads, clicking on infected ads, visiting unwanted sites like porn and torrent sites and much more. After infiltration, Aurora Ransomware makes new registry entries in Window Registry to achieve high-level persistence that can allow other malware infection in the system. It can also block Window Firewall and other security tools to hide in the system for the unknown time.
It is strongly advised that never make any type of payment to the cybercriminals. It is not sure that you will successfully receive decryption key after making payment. Once you make payment, you will automatically connect to the cyber criminals. Through this virus, criminals monitor your online activities and steal your privacy for misuse. Therefore, it is highly suggested you to remove Aurora Ransomware from the PC as soon as possible.
Step-1: Uninstall Aurora Ransomware and unwanted, suspicious or malicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Aurora Ransomware from Windows 8
4. Right click on Aurora Ransomware and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Aurora Ransomware from Window 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> Select Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to sort for all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Aurora Ransomware and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step-2: Remove Aurora Ransomware with SpyHunter Easily.
1. Click the button below to download SpyHunter Free from its official website safely:
2. Click Download Free Scanner button >> Click Save button
Notes: Your PC may pop up warning just after you download the software Do not worry, it is a FALSE positive caused by virus on your PC. Please click “Keep” button to run it
3. Double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe and follow its instructions to install SpyHunter.
4. When SpyHunter is installed, click Start New Scan to scan your entire computer to find Aurora Ransomware and other malicious PC infection.
5. Click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats once SpyHunter completes the scan.
Important Tips: Following the above steps will remove Aurora Ransomware infection & other malicious infection completely, But this removal process does not repairs the registry enteries which was made dirty by Aurora Ransomware So you need a registry repair tool to fix all registry files, it’s highly recommended to run RegHunter, which is award winning system optimizer which finds out and fixes all system errors or bugs and maximize running speed of your PC.
Follow steps below to fix the corrupted files and optimize your computer performance with RegHunter.
Step-3: Run RegHunter to eradicate Registry corruptions and system errors caused by Aurora Ransomware and other PC threats.
1. Click the button below to Download RegHunter from it official site safely:
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button >> click Save button
Notes: You PC may pop up this warning after you download it. Do not worry, it is a false Positive caused by virus on your PC. Please click “Keep” button to run it
3. Double-click RegHunter-Installer to install it once it is downloaded.
4. Follow its instructions to finish the installation.
5. Make a Registry scan when RegHunter is installed.
6. Click Repair All Errors button to fix all detected errors and corruptions caused by Aurora Ransomware
Step 4 (Optional): Reset Chrome, Firefox and IE settings if Aurora Ransomware virus still appears:
Reset Chrome settings
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> click Setting from drop down menu
2. In search box, type “reset setting” >> click “Reset settings” button:
3. Click Reset button.
(Notes: By resetting Chrome, your important personal data like Bookmarks and Passwords will not be removed. It only removes your Chrome extensions, settings, cookies, history, home page, default search engine to delete malicious files of Aurora Ransomware virus. )
Reset Firefox settings
1. Click Firefox Menu button >> click “Open Help Menu” button >> click Troubleshooting Information button:
2. Click Refresh Firefox button >> click Finish.
Reset Internet Explorer settings
1. Open IE >> click the menu button, and select Internet options.
2. Click Advanced tab >> click Reset button.
Aurora Ransomware is considered as malware, adware, PUP or browser hijacker that could paralyze your PC and even put your private data in wrong hand. To avoid further damage and problems, it’s advisable to download & install SpyHunter and RegHunter to remove Aurora Ransomware timely and fix all system corruptions.